Horseback RidingNovember 20, 2021
8:30am Check in for a 9am ride
26540 N Scottsdale Rd
MUST REGISTER PRIOR TO NOV 15TH TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE !
Limited registrations available. This is a family-friendly event. Weight limit of 240 lbs.
- One hour ride $72 adults / $66 children (ages 6-17) prices include 20% gratuity
Let’s take a ride. Your trip to the Valley of the Sun will be a memory you will never forget. Leave the city behind and enjoy the peaceful, scenic, Sonoran Desert on horseback. Never rode a horse before? Worry not! We have the right mount for you! No experience is necessary for our rides and the Group tours are great for families and friends. After you are horseback, your guide will lead you through scenic trails with endless views of saguaros and the possibility of spotting desert wildlife.
Can I bring a bag with me on the ride?
- No. No items can be wrapped or strapped around your body. This includes fanny packs, purses, backpacks of any size, and Camelbaks. However, we do have a cabinet in the Office where you can leave your belongings, or you can lock them in your vehicle.
What do I need for the ride?
- Please wear long pants and closed-toed shoes such as tennis shoes or boots. We recommend a hat and sunscreen for warmer weather, dress in layers for the winter so you can determine what to wear on the ride and a bottle of water is required for each rider. Hats must be snug fitting and we provide a water bottle holder on your saddle. Phones and small cameras can be brought on the ride at your own risk.
Myself or someone in my group just found out we are pregnant, can we ride?
- For your safety and the safety of your future child, no.
Do you have helmets available?
- Yes! And they are highly recommended for each rider, though not required. The decision is up to the adults if anyone in their group will be wearing a helmet.
My child is under the age of 6 or they are nervous to ride on their own, can they ride double with me on my horse?
- No. We do not allow “double riding” as it is unsafe.
My child will be 6 in just a few months and they are very tall and mature for their age, can they still go on a tour?
- No. We are firm that all children must be a minimum of 6 years old or older to ride.
What do you have available for my children that are too young for the tours or are nervous?
- We have a large walk-in petting zoo, games at the ranch, and pony rides! Enough activities to keep everyone entertained if you will not be joining the rest of your family on a tour or if you would prefer to walk around. Or check out a Stagecoach Ride! (must contact MacDonald Ranch directly for these options at 480-585-0239; this is not included with the AHE registration.)
Can I bring my dog with me to the ranch while I wait?
- No. We do not allow outside animals at the ranch.