Whether you are a healthcare leader working in a hospital, health system, clinic, university, or other organization, membership gives you the opportunity to:
- Be among leaders in healthcare management
- Grow professionally and excel in your job
- Enjoy greater satisfaction and career potential
- Contribute to and give back to your profession
Expand your professional network by:
- Participating in your local chapter
- Searching the online member directory
- Joining ACHE’s Official Group on LinkedIn Membership in one of ACHE’s 79 chapters
With ACHE membership, you gain access to numerous invaluable resources to help you achieve your career goals:
- A members-only Job Bank with nearly 1,000 healthcare management positions
- Resume posting to help you reach leading healthcare employers and recruiters who value ACHE membership
- Assessments and career management tools
- Coaching and mentoring match services
ACHE offers a variety of local and national educational programs designed to fit your professional development goals, schedule and budget:
- An annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership
- Face-to-face seminars offered through local clusters
- Special Programs geared toward specific audiences, like CEOs
- Convenient webinars and online seminars offered through ACHe-learning
Historic Student Event in Northern AZ
AHE’s Early Careerist Network committee partnered with Northern Arizona University’s Business School Pathways Program to host a virtual panel event centered on the Future of Healthcare and what college students can do to prepare themselves for what’s coming. Panelists hailed from the Mayo Clinic, HonorHealth, and Mercy Care in departments ranging from Information technology to strategy and digital transformation to workforce development. All in all, 109 students from various NAU programs and colleges listened in, making this the most successful event the ECN committee has hosted over the last several years.
ACHE Recognition Program
The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Recognition Program celebrates affiliates’ commitment to the healthcare management profession. Recognition is bestowed at three levels based on a range of specific volunteer activities that demonstrate leadership and contributions to furthering professional excellence.
All active ACHE affiliates are eligible to be recognized. The ACHE Recognition Program is based on points accrued through volunteer activities performed in a convocation year (April–March). Points begin to accrue for affiliates beginning with the 2003–2004 convocation year and are cumulative from year to year. An affiliate does not need to achieve a set number of points in a single year, but rather points will build over time. In that manner, affiliates have the opportunity to progress through the three award levels.
The three award levels are:
- Exemplary Service Award = 125 points
- Distinguished Service Award = 75 points
- Service Award = 30 points
Of the 40,000 members of ACHE membership, approximately 1,000 members have received at least one service award. In comparison, there are 1600+ members in the Healthcare Leaders of New York (HLNY), 55 members received 1-star/Service award, 10 members received 2-stars/Distinguished award and 4 members received 3-stars/Exemplary Service award.