President's MessageOctober 4, 2019
Rona Curphy, MBA, BSN, FACHE
AHE Welcomed new Board Members
• Chris Pfund, Vice President Membership
• Mike Herring, Treasurer
• Dr. Petr Ruzicka, MD, FAANS, FAAP, FACS Physician Liaison Associate Chair
• Dr. Rahul Bhatia, MD, MPH, FCCM, Physician Liaison Associate Chair
We also Finalized our 2019 -2021 Strategic Initiatives:
• Complete ACHE Foundation Requirements Annually
• Maintain Financial Stability for the Chapter with net income maintained within 10% of the budget
• Increase sponsorship levels 100% over 2018
• Submit at least one grant submission (Submitted but not obtained)
• Have three (3) schools with formal Health Education Network (HEN) agreements with ACHE (Completed and working on our fourth)
Grand Canyon University
University of Phoenix
University of Arizona
• Membership Growth
• Increase new members by 5% and increase member retention by 1%
hold four networking events
Increase CEO and other C-Suite members attending events
• Develop a physician leadership group and identify group priorities
• Integrate Diversity & Inclusion in organization structure, programs, and activities
• Develop and maintain tools to support communication between AHE leaders and membership
Special thank you to Mat Cowlin, who is assisting our leaders with Eventbrite notifications to members!
• Provide Twelve (12) credit hours Face-to-Face ACHE approved events. – Have one last program on November 19th at Mayo on Mergers and Acquisitions.
• Assist Chapter members to advance to Fellow by providing books for study
• Completed a Chapter needs Survey
• Develop a mentoring program – we had our first mentoring program started with eight Mentors and Mentees
• Provide members with opportunities for community service (one event per quarter)
• Publish a quarterly newsletter
September also marks the time of year that the AHE President solicits nominations from anyone interested in serving in a volunteer capacity either as a board member or committee member. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you are interested in being considered in 2020. Our nominating committee will review all who are interested so we can have a slate of officers ready for approval at our November Annual Board Meeting.
On November 7th, 2019, we will have our annual Member meeting and dinner. We hope to see you all at Wrigley Mansion, where we will celebrate our successes and recognize those who served our Chapter over the past year. Please look for the Eventbrite notice in your inbox once we have finalized our speaker.
Thanks for your membership in the Arizona Healthcare Executives and ACHE. We will do more together!
Rona Curphy, RN, MBA, FACHE